Friday, 8 March 2013

The Life Aquatic

Here's the watercolour I promised in the last entry. I am new to using watercolours so this was a nice learning experience. I think I might of built the colour up too much in places and maybe just a wash of colour would have been better but I'll keep that in mind for next time.
I used my little Winsor & Newton pocket box of 12 half pans and watercolour pencils, I found working with the pencils much easier. I wouldn't mind trying to paint a more realistic subject next time.
As usual I had a difficult time trying to match up the colours in photoshop, this was the best I could do but the background is much more of a turquoise colour.

The Life Aquatic photo watercolourcopy.jpg


Here's something a little extra before I go. I found one of my old sketchbooks/art folder from when I was 9 years old and filmed a little movie of me looking through it.


1 comment:

  1. This is great!
    <3
    http://thecookiebutton.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...