Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Pretty as a picture!

See I promised I would be back soon. Breaking away from my spooky Halloween theme, I have a drawing of my friend to share with you all.


Frame

I am really please with this one. Plus it didn't take me too long to finish. Not only beautiful, my friend is a very talented photographer. Please check out her photo page on facebook. https://www.facebook.com/VictoriaLincolnPhotography

Only a couple of work in progress photos this time.

V1

v2 


Sadly my grey Tria markers have run out now so I have to wait till I can order some refills before I can draw any more grey portraits.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! You are good! Do you do this for money?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Charlottle :)

      Afraid I don't because of a chronic illness & benefits. But hopefully one day.

      Delete
  2. I've never used grid paper... how do you go about using it? Do you grid whatever it is you're drawing in photoshop, then draw from that onto grid paper? How do you then get it onto the marker paper? I HAVE ALL THE CURIOUS' ABOUT YOUR PROCESS.

    Alli xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I draw my own grid out in my sketch book using inches. Yep grid the photo in photoshop and highlight the lines I want (takes me forever!).
      I then trace the finished grid picture onto marker paper, it's pretty thin paper so I can normally see through it no problem but if not I have a light box.

      Then on to the hard part of using the markers! ;)

      xxx

      Delete
    2. Which light box do you have? Or did you make your own? I keep thinking I want one. I'd love to see your photoshop process :)

      xxx

      Delete
    3. I have a wooden A4 one from argos but I do't like it. I wish I had got a flat A3 sized one.

      Ah there's nothing to show, just lines on a picture :)

      xxx

      Delete
  3. This turned out amazing! It looks so great! What kind of paper do you use?
    Xp,cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hun <3

      For the grid sketch I just use my sketchbook but for the finished drawing I use letraset marker paper. It's great as the marker pens don't bleed as much as on normal paper. x

      Delete
  4. I think it looks really cool, nice job :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...