Saturday, 21 January 2012

Art Trade

I have something a little different to show you this week. I've been working on a art trade with the lovely Becky Ryan. We decided on a theme of drawing each other with our partner, here's her great illustration of me and Pete.


Check out her beautiful illustrations on her blog http://beckatha.blogspot.com


Becky wanted a drawing done in my more cartoony style rather than the realistic style I've been doing lately. I haven't done anything like this for a while so I'm a bit rusty but hopefully it's ok.

Art trade
My illustration of Becky and Alan.


I enjoy doing art trade, it's always great getting gift art but I do get so anxious about my work when it's for someone else. Hopefully this is something I can overcome if I'm to do commissions one day.

In other news look what arrived in the post this week,
pens
lovely lovely pens! Letraset Tria fashion design & product design tin sets


I've started reading a great book "Riding Rockets: The Outrageous Tales of a Space Shuttle Astronaut by Mike Mullane. Brutally honest and very funny at times, I'm only half way through but I'm sure it'll stay good.

Right I'm off to bed to help recover from this stupid cold! see you next week.

7 comments:

  1. You should post more, lady! Your art is just getting phenomenal but I have to admit I was missing your cartoon-y styles a wee bit :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aw thank you hun. I'll try and post more cartoony things this year then ;) x

      Delete
  2. Those are really cute, i love the E tower in the bg!

    ReplyDelete
  3. eek! both are so great! i just love your style sweetie.
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. eee thank you hun! :D btw I've been having trouble commenting in your blog :( xx

      Delete
  4. This is the cutest art trade ever...you both are wonderful artists. I actually LOVE the cartoon version you created. Adorbs.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...