Wednesday, 5 October 2011

Great Scott!

I've been trying to get the hang of skin tones this week. I do own a lot of skin coloured markers but it is still so hard to achieve a realistic colour. I ended up laying down a light grey for the shadows and then going over that with the palest pink & yellow shades. Had to be careful not to build too many layers as I ended up with some crazy skin shades by mistake, though if I ever draw an umpa lumpa I'll know what to do.

Marty Mcfly
Marty Mcfly from Back to the future part II. I'm not that happy with the likeness but it was good practice.


As it is Halloween this month I decided some spooky drawings were in order! I have the sketches done for Wednesday Addams (Christina Ricci version) and the bride of Frankenstein. They haven't been coloured yet as both my light grey pens have ran out but as luck would have it, the set of Tria grey markers turned up today so I can get to work on them soon.

horror1
A sneaky peak of the drawings


If you have any spooky ideas of what else I could draw for Halloween, feel free to comment :D

6 comments:

  1. Omg, that drawing of Wednesday Addams looks awesome. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think marty's skin looks great! can't wait to see wednesday finished up, i love her!
    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a great job getting a realistic skin tone! That bride of Frankenstein looks awesome already, I can't wait to see when it's finished!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lily Munster would also be an awesome lady to draw <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh goodness! Marty looks like a painting! I'd never have guessed they were markers. And Wednesday looks fabulous already! :D xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marty McFly looks great, & I find skin tones to be a pain too, amazing how many different colours you can find in skin shadows etc. Looking forward to Frankie's Bride & Wednesday Adams ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...