Monday, 5 September 2011

Vintage nudes

As the title suggest this post might not be safe for work, but it's nothing too risqué. I haven't drawn anything for way over a month so it was really nice to break out the pencils last night when I couldn't sleep.

I used vintage photo stock from Deviantart for reference. I really like how in vintage nude photographs the models are so relaxed, almost a sleepy style to their poses and that slight cheeky smile. So very different from today's! It puts me in mind of the women in Joseph Heller's Catch 22.


nude1

nudes3
I like the woman in the top right hand corner, I think I will play around with some watercolours with her.

nude2
something a little different here, but don't ask me what exactly.


I have been crocheting something for Pete's birthday but I don't think I will be able to finish it in time so it'll have to become a Christmas present instead.
There's lots of projects I want to make for birthday & Christmas presents but I wont be able to post about them of course until after the events.

I' started reading "Atlas Shrugged by Ana Rand" last month. It is a huge book of 1168 pages so it's taking me a while. I am about half way through now and really enjoying it.

1 comment:

  1. Boobies! I also like the women with bobs and the bodies on the last pic. I'm lucky to have such a talented fiancee!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...