Monday, 25 July 2011

Watercolour & Ink practice

Hello! Well like the title says, I've been practicing with my watercolour paints and inks. I know I said I would have sketches from my days out in London but it turns out I'm not a very good sketcher on the go hehe! Also geese dont like to pose for drawing. Maybe I'll have some next week, if not I might work from the photos I took.
I've done these in my normal A5 sketchbook, I know it's not the right kind of paper but I didnt want to break out my expensive watercolour paper for just playing around. I really should get a watercolour sketchbook but untill then this will have to do.

watercolour1
Im using Winsor & Newton sketches pocket box.

watercolour2
I saw a tutorial for putting salt on for a nice effect. I think it would look a lot better if I had used rock salt. I soaked up a bit too much of the paint up.

inks
This got me thinking, I wonder if I can do the same with inks? I used my Winsor & Newton drawing inks. I tried the salt too but I didnt work the same.

jellyfish
I wanted to try out these effects on a real picture. The watercolours make much softer effect and blend together easily, I really like the blue one. The inks on the right come out much more vibrant than the watercolours. The white spots are gel pen.


I've really enoyed playing about with these, I much prefer using the watercolour pans than when I've tried the tube paints in the past. I want to do lots more experimenting now!

See you next week.

8 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are fabulous! I love watercolours (putting salt on them is so much fun! I think that's all the rock salt ever gets used for in my house!)

    I prefer pans to tubes too, so much easier!

    I would like to say that your jellyfish painting is amazing!

    Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like using both the pan & the tubes and find that using both really helps. i love what you are doing so far, keep it up and i can't wait to see more!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! It makes me want to learn watercolors now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh those paintings are a dream...I would love it if my walls looked like that...I'd never leave home! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow!
    These are so beautfiul and dreamy

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so so lovely! Great job lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the lovely comments everyone :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...