Tuesday, 19 July 2011

Expressions

Hello all, sorry that I am a day late with updating this week. Pete is on holiday for the next two weeks and yesterday we went adventuring over London. Of course I had to pop into my favourite art shop Cowling and Wilcox. Picked up some new nibs, a set of speedball ones, same make as my hunt 102 nib. Also got some brushes, nothing too fancy and they had this nice set in the sale.
stuff1


We came across an art show on are way there. The apart summer show, it was a mix of pop and street art. Some really nice work in there, some of my favourites were, Joe Black, John Parkin, Sean Alexander and Conrad Roset. Definitely worth a look if you're near Great Marborugh street.

I have lots of sketches to show you this week. I've been practicing drawing facal expressions, noses and men as they are all things a find a bit tricky. I did do a lot more but I'll save them for another time.

expressions1
I am really pleased with how a lot of these faces turned out. Used my dip pen for most of them too.

people2
testing out different poses and pens. I like the girl in the glasses, think I will do more of her.

people1

faces3

drunk
I think these two would make good characters.


Hoping to have some nice days out over the coming two weeks, I'll be taking my sketchbook with me so next update time I might have some London scenes to show you.

I haven't talked about what I've been reading lately. I am still making my way through the huge pile of books I bought a couple of months ago. Right now I'm reading "Catch-22 by Joseph Heller" and I got this two gems from a charity shop yesterday "Freaks of Nature by Mark S Blumberg" It's all about evolution and "Into the Silent Land by Paul Broks" thats about neurology, looks to be a bit like Oliver Sacks work.

Oh before I go remember last week I told you about my art trade with lokijki of http://terrifyingmonsters.com/. Well I did a guest comic for him in the week, I tried to make it look more like his style and use the character of me, that he drew. Take a look here, guest comic.
See you next week!

8 comments:

  1. i love your line work oh so much! i just started getting back into using quill and ink and i just love it so so much! i will never use a pen again!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. the expressions are great! lovely work as always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are super good at drawing comics. I love the sour faced girl and the one with the Jamaican looking hat. Can't wait to see what you do next. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! You are super talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you drawing faces = awesome

    love the guest comic too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great Sarah, I always love seeing inside people's sketchbooks. And I would love to see more of the drunk girl's too, maybe a comic? ;)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...