Sunday, 29 May 2011

sketchbooking

Hello all, remember in my last post I said I'd bought myself a little A5 sketchbook to carry around with me while out, also to try and help me be more free and messy in my work. I've been experimenting with drawing straight onto the paper with pens. I need to get some better sketching pencils as I tend to just use mechanical pencils that arnt really ment for shading.
Well I've been busy and here are some of the pages.

tree
Tree from the park near my house

eyes
I'm really pleased with those eyes, I did them just using Faber Castell Pitt brush pen.

train
London underground, taken from a stock photo.

glasses
Again taken from a stock photo, wouldnt mind working this into something.

view
boring view from croydon's shopping center.


I've been doing ambird's 30 day drawing challenge. Only 2 down so far, whoops I'm already behind hehe.

30 Day  #1
1. Self Portrait. It's got a bit dirty from another page :/

30 day challenge
2. Imaginary Friend. Drop dead fred!! :D

13 comments:

  1. Hi how are you?

    I noticed that you like tattoos, and I have a label in which I had some of my bloggers send me their tattoo pictures, so very funny...

    Anyway, I like your blog, and want to invite you to visit mine, and if you will follow me I would love to follow yours....

    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your sketchbook! Especially your underground drawing, and the eyes! Beautiful! :) Hope you're well! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay DROP DEAD FRED! i LOVE that movie! and i love that you drew him!! you rock!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the lovely comments everyone, its nice to get feedback on sketches i wouldnt normally show people :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. IM luving your art, I gotta start drawing again <3, Im glad to find another awesome blog around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your imaginary friend! Isn't it great how a plain sheet of paper can become so...alive...*SIGHS DREAMILY* :D
    GREAT drawings, following :) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. GAH Sarah! Love your art/sketcbook! I always suck at drawing eyes and hands... but seeing your stuff is so inspiring. Loving the eyes pages and London Underground the most :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for you comment, i love your drawings esp the tube train!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your sketches are awesome, well done lady!

    ReplyDelete
  10. aww thank you very much everyone! such lovely comments <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. yay!
    LOVE drop dead fred!
    Must have seen that film 20 times

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't my auntie sarah talented! One day i hope to e as talented and as fantastic as her! Love you!! Nic xx :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...