Monday, 23 May 2011

Hello?

Sorry I havent been updating this much, to be honest I've bee in a bit of an art rut. I've decided to give ambird's 30 day drawing challenge a go after coming across it on deviantart. I cant remeber if I mentioned it before but I bought a little A5 sketch that I can carry with me when out and about, so I'll do the challenge in there. Also might help be more messy and free with my sketching instead of everything having to be perfect hehe! So hopefully you'll see a lot more updating from me ;)

I've been doing a lot of reading and had a bit of a book spree.
books 3
"The Butcher Boy by Patrick McCabe"
"Valis by Philip K. Dick"
‎"The Heart Of A Dog by Mikhail Bulgakov"
"Cat's Cradle by Kurt Vonnegut"
"One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey"
"Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand"
"Ulysses by James Joyce"
"The Karamazov Brothers by Fyodor Dostoevsky"
"Faust: Pts. 1 & 2 Faust: Pts. 1 & 2 by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe"
"Ghost World by Daniel Clowes"

more books
And I found all these bad boys chairty shopping!
"Babylon Revisited by F.Scott Fitzgerald"
"The beast in the jungle by Henry James"
"To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee"
"The Thirty-Nine Steps by John Buchan"
"A Midsummer Night's Dream by William Shakespeare"
"QED by Richard Feynman"
"Catch-22 by Joseph Heller"
"Metropole by Ferenc Karinthy"
"wolverine origins swift & terrible"
"Batman: face the face"
"batman the dark knight strikes again"
"Batman the dark knight returns"


Should keep me busy for a while hehe. I've recently read "The Master and Margarita by Mikhail Bulgakov" and really loved it, im interested to see what his "The Heart Of A Dog" will be like. I also finally got round to reading Hemingway's "For Whom the Bells Tolls" and "Fiesta: The sun also rises". I enjoyed both but it'll be a while before I attempt anymore Hemingway as I found his style very slow placed, "For Whom the Bells Tolls" felt like it went on forever! I have admit I was taken aback by the Anti-semitism in "Fiesta: The sun also rises". Im not sure if it was put in the book to highlight how some people's views were at the time? after doing some further reading into Hemingway I found that the character the anti-semitism remarks were made at "Cohn", was based on a real friend of his that he had a falling out with. I found this even stranger as "Cohn" seemed the most unbelievable compared to the characters in the book.

Well thats me done for today, I shall leave you with a picture of my new hair colour. I went ginger! Im hoping to make some natural looking dread extentions but I am finding it hard to match the colour.
ginger!

7 comments:

  1. hehe, Its becoming harder to find space for them all, I need a library room ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of good ones in there. Catch 22, Cat's Cradle and Valis are some of my favourite books.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow.....glad to see 'ghost world' in your list of books...it's life changing.....also, just dreadlock your hair for real....damn with extensions!!! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amalgamated Biscuit: I will let you now how i find those ones then, pretty sure I will Love Valis. I've turned into quiet the Philip K.Dick fan lately, Ubik is my favorite of his.

    The Fashion Turd: I loved the film so im sure I will love the comic even more.
    Aw my hair is too short and fine, Plus Im always changing my hair hehe. I do love read dreadlocks tho and yours are awesome! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, I have ghost world :) Loved that comic to bits! It's also nice to see lots of Batman in your collection too.
    Loving your hair by the way ^_^
    P.s I am eeeeeing so much at all your hello kitties in the background, you seem to have a fair few!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was really good, didn't know it would be different to the film :)
    I read Batman before bed last night and had superhero dreams lol

    eee i loves my hello kitty collection, I have a big bear factory version and tokidoki cactus one too :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...