Tuesday, 15 February 2011

A special kind of love

Did you all a nice Valentines day? I slept for most of mine whoops! Its ok though as me and Pete dont really celebrate the day. Don't get me wrong we're a squishy loved up couple but in our own way. To prove my point, heres a drawing I did for Pete to celebrate our 9 year anniversary (12th feb).

9years
Special internet points to those who get the movie reference!


For a larger view click on the picture.
I had some really cool news last week. A friend on deviantart emailed me letting me know that my drawing of the boys from the dwarf had been featured on the Red Dwarf Website! eeee I was so pleased about it, I dont really like that picture anymore as I know I could do a lot better but still yay for it being featured!


Red Dwarf
by ~Displacedmind on deviantART


I finished reading We by Yevgeny Zamyatin and absolutely loved it. Not as dark as Nineteen Eighty-Four by George Orwell but just as powerful. I really can't get enough of dystopian fiction, any recommendations for other novels would be great!

I am now reading a polical book I picked up in Brighton, The Silent Takeover: Global Capitalism and the Death of Democracy by Noreena Hertz very interesting stuff but rather depressing.

8 comments:

  1. land before time?

    kidding. lady and the tramp! :)

    9 years is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! yay well done, points for my favourite kitty lady!
    thank you :D I cant believe its 9 years already, makes me feel old hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy nine years to you and Pete! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some dystopian fiction you might like

    Fahrenheit 451 Ray Bradbury

    Brave New World Aldous Huxley

    The Ice People Maggie Gee

    The Cyberiad Stanislaw Lem

    hope that helps

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks Amy :D

    Anonymous, thank you for the book recommendations! Fahrenheit 451 & Brave New World are on my next to buy list already but i hadnt of the heard of the other two :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!
    Time goes so fast! We've just come up to 10 years!
    I love the drawing for your gift!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Claire! you're right i cant believe how quickly it's flown by!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...