Friday, 18 February 2011

Boy that's swell

Me and Pete have been watching a lot of 1920/30s movies lately. I've become rather star stuck with Ginger Rogers and Fred Astaire musicals. I'm normally more of a 50s fan but I felt inspired to draw some twenties style ladies.

twenties3

twenties2

twenties1


Part of me likes how these looked before I cleaned them up in photoshop as they lose some of the warmth. I might do some coloured versions but I'm not sure what colours to use as all my reference material are in black and white hehe.

9 comments:

  1. Such gorgeous pictures! I used to be so obsessed with the 20's/30's c: x

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are amazing! I love 20's ladies :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love em!! ... and yeah... I hate when that happens... there's just something nice, sometimes, about the sketchiness of things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo Sarah i love these....A lot!

    You should check out the 1920's - 30's art decor, you would love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the last lady with the pursed lips! She looks so sassy. :P

    P.S. Love, love, LOVE, the new hair color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the outfits! they all look sassy and spunky!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...