Tuesday, 18 January 2011

Science!

The BBC has some really good documentaires showing at the moment that I wanted to share with you all :)

Horizon - What Is Reality? Very interesting although I wish it went into more detail, but the never do. It looks into my favourite subject, quantum mechanics and talks about theories of reality such as we perhaps are all holograms projected from the edge of the universe. Surely that must make you want to watch it? ;)

The Brain: A Secret History- 1.Mind Control and 2. Emotions there is a part 3. to follow yet. I always enjoy Dr Michael Mosley's documentaries. In these he explores experimental psychology and its rather dark past.

I finished reading The Grand Design-Stephen Hawking and of course enjoyed it! but I did feel liked it was more of a summing up, anyone else read it yet? What are you thoughts on it? I do love that fact that is humour in the book. I wish more science books would follow that path, throwing in a little joke or pun here & there to help break up all that heavy reading.

The book I am reading at the moment is the opposite with hardly any light relief, doesnt help that its blumming huge! What Remains to be Discovered by John Maddox It's a little out of date now, I think it was published 1998 but still good on most points made so far. Plus the part I am reading about now is on DNA and the beginings of life, so it makes a nice change.

I really want to come up with a way of incorporating my love for science into my art, but I have no idea where to start. boy that sounded geeky!
Well thats me done for the day, hope that this non-arty entry didnt bore you too much hehe!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE watching documentaries when I'm sewing
    Recently I watched Sharkwater. So inspiring and informative. I'd definately recommend it

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...