Monday, 29 November 2010

Yummy gingerbred men!

gb3

My gingerbread men are all finished and ready to be popped on the tree or given to special people. although I have to admit I do like where I've hung them for this photo. I had a real problem with the paint and almost wish I had just sewn the white icing details on now. I thought the paint would be like some I've used in the past that gets more puffy as it dries. This paint however did not and I had to reapply it more thickly for the effect I wanted. Couldn't resist using the glitter felt I picked up back in Poole. So they are a mix of green or red glitter backs corresponding to their buttons.

gb2

sorry about the poor photo, I think my camera is on its last legs. It doesn't like to focus and has now started turning its self off :(
If I get time I will make some more decorations, snowmen and maybe Christmas trees but right now I need to carry on with sewing my friends Christmas present.

I'll leave you with a picture of my gorgeous Suki looking very snug and sleepy in my unmade bed. I think she has right idea, its far too cold to be up and about today!
suki

11 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! Your cat is utterly gorgeous! (ps. you're gingerbread men are fabulous!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. eee thanks Amy, i'm very proud of my kitty <3 hehe.

    Would you still like to do the swap? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gingerbread men are SO cute! :3
    Want!
    Aww your kitty looks super soft & happy ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my suki is beautiful! i have a tortie too but she is so darn small! i hope she gets bigger!

    xo,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks guys! CB: she looks a lot larger in the photo than she really is, plus her fur is a bit puffed up from the cold....still rather big though hehe xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eeee, these are too adorable for words!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My gingerbread men would look nothing like these :-) These look eatable :-) x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi sarah love your gingerbread men i will have to try crocheting these Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment i love all comments it makes blogging worthwhile

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks everyone :)

    Soggibottom: hehe, I don't think they would taste too good though! ;)

    Joan: you're welcome ^_^ I crocheted some last year using a pattern from www.lionbrand.com that was very cute.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...