Friday, 20 August 2010

Crumblin

Sorry again for lack of updates and commenting again due to not being so well these last couple of weeks. I hope this makes of up it though, Meet my Crumblin crumb monster!

crumblin
If you find crumbs in the bed it might just be the Crumblin paid you a visit ;)

crumblin2


He is my entry for the monster contest in simply plush group on deviantart.
I've never made anything like this before so it was bit hit and miss thinking up a pattern, but im pleased how he turned out. It was good to finally put a use to my fluorescent pink fur that i've had sitting around for years. sewing fur was a bit tricky to begin with as some of it was caught up in the seams but i'll know better for next time.
notice the lovely polka dot felt? yeah i got to hobbycraft at last and that was part of my hoard hehe.
making this has really wetted my appetite for making more monsters or bigger plushies. I aready have planned what im making for Petes birthday next month but you'll have to wait and see to find out what it is.

what else? been reading a lot still, this months books were,
"Human Brain a Guided Tour-Susan Greenfield" really enjoyed it and would like to read more on the subject.
"Cloud Atlas: A Novel-David Mitchell" I did not like this book at all, shame as i had heard such good things. first off its not a novel, its 6 short stories put together in annoyingly gimmicky way that felt more like he was just showing off his literary skills with different writing styles. The stories themselves didnt capture me and parts felt like they were taken straight from 1984! can you tell im grumpy for having read through all those pages? ;) (sorry if you like the book)
"The Elegant Universe: Superstrings, Hidden Dimensions, and the Quest for the Ultimate Theory-Brian Greene" is what i am reading at the moment and absolutely loving it so far. He's going into much better detail in explaining theories than i've found in other books on the same sugject.

8 comments:

  1. oh my goodness I love him! He's so cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, Crumblin is beyond cute! Good luck in the contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crumblin is so cute! ... and I have an affinity for things named Crumb (My cat is named The Salacious Crumb)

    Oooh, and book reviews! I love it!And appreciate it, since I rarely ever read books on theory or science or such... and am always at a loss when I feel like reading one. The closest I ever get is reading Scientific America... doh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love Crumblin! :D I'm sure you'll do really well in the contest!

    You read some interesting books - I'd love to read some theory and science sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks everyone :D
    Heather: im glad you like my reviews, i wasnt too sure if people would be interested.
    Esshaych: aw you should, i reccomend "A brief history of time-Stephen Hawking" as he explains everything so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man, i am in love! How gorgeous *makes grabby hands out the screen*

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGOSH that's incredible cute!!!!!! Such an amazing blog!!! *Folloooooooows*!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks Catis, will follow you back :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...